MDE20479 - Medieval hollow ways and trackways along the North Molton and Twitchen Parish Boundary (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A group of irregular linear depressions forming hollow ways and trackways along the parish boundary between North Molton and Twitchen are visible on aerial photographs dating to 1947 and 1977. [1-3] Part of the complex is recorded under MMO3220. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7730a, SS7731a, SS7732a, SS7831b, SS7832a, SS7932b.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.3372 (April 1947).
- <3> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. MAM/12/045,12/044,12/056,12/043 (May 1977).
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Catherine Dove, 27 March 2017.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7823 3185 (1944m by 2239m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||TWITCHEN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17865
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17866
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/529
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/529/1
Record last edited
Jun 20 2018 4:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.