MDE20438 - Post-medieval trackway on Muxworthy Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A short length of trackway forming the continuation of Common Lane was noted on aerial photography. [1,2] This section of routeway is not depicted on the Tithe Map for High Bray or the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. [3,4]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980 4441 (April 1947).
- <2>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7137C. [Mapped feature: #45894 ]
- <3> SEM8103 Map: Northcote, G.. 1838. High Bray Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7151 3794 (232m by 107m)|
|Civil Parish||HIGH BRAY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||BRAYFORD, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17824
- Devon SMR: SS73NW/548
Record last edited
Sep 21 2020 3:41PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.