MDE1462 - Possible holy well at Blindwell (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 802 317. Blindwell is listed under holy and notable wells.  Blindwell is a holy well at Twitchen.  No further information - no reply was obtained at Blindwell Farm. 
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. C Whybrow, SS83SW9.
- <2> SMO5393 Serial: Devonshire Association. 1862 -. Devonshire Association reports and transactions. Volume 92 (1960),103.
- <3> SMO4578 Monograph: Grinsell, L.V.. 1970. The Archaeology of Exmoor: Bideford Bay to Bridgewater. David and Charles Limited.
- <4> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 6 April 1995.
|Grid reference||SS 801 317 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||TWITCHEN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35824 (Pastscape entry: 35824)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS83SW/6
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 12337
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20362
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW9
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 35824
Record last edited
Nov 8 2016 11:26AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.