MDE1462 - Possible holy well at Blindwell (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 802 317. Blindwell is listed under holy and notable wells. [1,2] Blindwell is a holy well at Twitchen.  No further information - no reply was obtained at Blindwell Farm.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. C Whybrow, SS83SW9.
- <2> SMO5393 Serial: Devonshire Association. 1862 -. Devonshire Association reports and transactions. Volume 92 (1960),103.
- <3> SMO4578 Monograph: Grinsell, L.V.. 1970. The Archaeology of Exmoor: Bideford Bay to Bridgewater. David and Charles Limited.
- <4> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 6 April 1995.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 35824, Extant 2 February 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 801 317 (point) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||TWITCHEN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35824 (Pastscape entry: 35824)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS83SW/6
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 12337
- Environmentally Sensitive Area
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20362
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW9
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 35824
Record last edited
Feb 2 2022 11:47AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.