MDE1329 - Prehistoric flint arrowheads found near Hoaroak Cottage (Find Spot)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 743 436. Several flint arrowheads, including one barbed and tanged were found near Hoaroak by John Richards, a labourer of Parracombe.  Classified as Bronze Age.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM6795 Article in serial: Chanter, J.F.. 1906. The Parishes of Lynton and Countisbury. Transactions of the Devonshire Association. 38. 114-224. 120 and illustration opposite.
- <2> SMO4578 Monograph: Grinsell, L.V.. 1970. The Archaeology of Exmoor: Bideford Bay to Bridgewater. David and Charles Limited. 25, 187.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 35497, Extant 12 January 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 743 436 (point) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35497 (Pastscape entry: 35497)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 12242
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/34
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20295
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW61
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 35497
Record last edited
Jan 12 2022 4:24PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.