MDE13282 - Post-medieval adit south of Holywell Reservoir (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An adit near Holywell Reservoir is still open but blocked by a padlocked gate. The face measures 1.1 metres high and 0.6 metres wide and is visible running northwards for at least 15 metres. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SDE3410 Report: Claughton, P. F.. 1993. A List of Mines in North Devon and West Somerset.
- <2>XY SMO7304 Unpublished document: Chapman, H.P.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 22 March 95. [Mapped feature: #29487 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1053997, Extant 5 October 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7626 3079 (point)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1053997 (Pastscape entry: 1053997)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 60647
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/583
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21705
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE61
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1053997
Record last edited
Oct 5 2021 10:41AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.