MDE13261 - Post-medieval agricultural feature on Darlick Moors (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A structure is marked on historic mapping on the Darlick Moors. [1,2] A partially walled platform surrounded by a revetted earthern bank. The sub-circular platform measures 3.5 metres by 11.5 metres with a return. The structure appears to have been open-fronted. The monument is believed to be of a post medieval date, with an agricultural function.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM7405 Map: 1841. North Molton Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. Devon 15(3).
- <3> SMO7304 Unpublished document: Chapman, H.P.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 16 January 1995.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1053783, Extant 6 October 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7716 3337 (13m by 16m) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1053783 (Pastscape entry: 1053783)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 60641
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/581
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE38
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1053783
Record last edited
Oct 6 2021 2:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.