MDE1315 - Disproved barrows southwest of Woodbarrow Gate (Non-antiquity)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
SS 7146 4235; SS 7145 4238; SS 7146 4239; SS 71484 240. Four tumuli located by the North Devon Archaeological Society.  These tumuli could not be identified at the given map references. Mrs Thorpe agrees that these "tumuli" are non existent. The information given to her proved erroneous. [2,3]
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Mrs JE Thorpe, Bratton Fleming.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Mrs JE Thorpe.
- <3> SMO7308 Unpublished document: Fletcher, M.J.. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey visit, 1 October 1974.
|Grid reference||SS 7144 4238 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35457 (Original Monarch entry: 35457)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 12241
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/33
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20294
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW45
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 35457
Record last edited
Mar 28 2018 9:12AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.