MDE1315 - Disproved barrows southwest of Woodbarrow Gate (Non-antiquity)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
SS 7146 4235; SS 7145 4238; SS 7146 4239; SS 71484 240. Four tumuli located by the North Devon Archaeological Society.  These tumuli could not be identified at the given map references. Mrs Thorpe agrees that these "tumuli" are non existent. The information given to her proved erroneous. [2,3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. Mrs JE Thorpe, Bratton Fleming.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. Mrs JE Thorpe.
- <3> SMO7308 Unpublished document: Fletcher, M.J.. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey visit, F1, 1 October 1974.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 35457, Extant 12 January 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 7144 4238 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35457 (Original Monarch entry: 35457)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 12241
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/33
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20294
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW45
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 35457
Record last edited
Jan 12 2022 3:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.