MDE12843 - Natural spring mound north of stone setting (Non-antiquity)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
SS7149 4292. McDonnell reports a round mound seen on aerial photographs. [1-3] Perambulation revealed only a natural spring mound ie a higher area of greener turf formed by excess water from an old spring. No evidence of any other mound, natural or man-made, was identified in the area. No Survey action. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7142a.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK 1980.3085 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/13/118 (May 1977).
- <4> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7148 4291 (27m by 33m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1043937 (Original Monarch entry: 1043937)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74SW/83
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18167
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20807
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW114
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1043937
Record last edited
May 10 2018 10:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.