MDE12824 - Possible Bronze Age round barrow on Badgworthy Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
The remains of a possible hut circle lying to the east of a “good hut circle” (see MDE1274). [1-3] About 40 paces to the east of MDE1274 is a medium sized damaged bowl barrow.  At SS 7893 4372, some 25 metres east of MDE1274, is an area of disturbed hummocky ground and some rabbit burrows. No features of archaeological significance could be recognised.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. MAM/13/077 (May 1977).
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.3072 (April 1947).
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7843a.
- <4> SDE1142 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H. & Mold, E.. 1981. Worksheet 04/07/1981.
- <5>XY SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 26 April 1994. [Mapped feature: #47298 ]
- <6> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1042742, Extant 16 June 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7893 4372 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1042742 (Pastscape entry: 1042742)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 14132
- Devon SMR: SS74SE/26
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE144
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1042742
Record last edited
Jun 16 2021 2:33PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.