MDE12824 - Alledged Circular Feature, Badgworthy Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
The remains of a possible hut circle lying to the east of a “good hut circle” (see MDE1274). (1-3) About 40 paces to the east of MDE1274 is a medium sized damaged bowl barrow. (4) At SS 7893 4372, some 25 metres east of MDE1274, is an area of disturbed hummocky ground and some rabbit burrows. No features of archaeological significance could be recognised. (5)
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. Ss7843a.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. raf/cpe/uk/1980.3072. -/04/1947.
- <3> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. mam/13/077. -/05/1977.
- <4> SDE1142 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H. & Mold, E.. 1981. Worksheet 04/07/1981.
- <5> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. Wilson-North, R. 26/04/1994.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7893 4371 (16m by 13m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1042742 (Pastscape entry: 1042742)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS 74 SE 26
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 14132
- Devon SMR: SS74SE/26
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE144
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1042742
Record last edited
Oct 23 2013 2:03PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.