MDE11683 - Lynton Railway Station (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
SS 719 487. Lynton Station has been converted into a private house and its goods sheds into a pair of cottages.  As described by  the station at SS 7191 4877 and the goods sheds at SS 7191 4880 are still in use as dwellings called respectively "Station House" and numbers 1 and 2 "Station Cottages". 
- <1> SEM7626 Monograph: Minchinton, W.. 1976. Industrial Archaeology in Devon. Dartington Amenity Research Trust. 3rd Edition. Number 1. 10.
- <2> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 3 February 1994.
- <3> SMO7001 Monograph: Thomas, David St John. 1981. A regional history of the railways of Great Britain: Volume 1 The West Country. 1. 1, 1973.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7191 4878 (26m by 56m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=926067 (Original Monarch entry: 926067)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74NW/14
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 677
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20042
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NW33
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 926067
Record last edited
Mar 21 2018 9:40AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.