MDE11205 - Possible undated bank west of Caffyns Cross (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 6953 4759. A short length of bank with a right angle was noted by McDonnell on an aerial photograph taken in 1977. [1,2] The area is in an arable field, under pasture at time of the visit, and no trace of this bank was found. 
- <1>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6947a. [Mapped feature: #42111 SS6947A]
- <2> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . MAM/13/27 (May 77).
- <3> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 19 July 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6954 4761 (50m by 58m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=915408 (Pastscape entry: 915408)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS64NE/64
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17950
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20696
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 64 NE48
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 915408
Record last edited
Oct 28 2020 4:16PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.