Site Event/Activity record EEM14706 - 2017: DBA, TS- Archaeological Features at Lee Abbey
An assessment and metric survey of archaeological features in Church Close, part of the Lee Abbey Estate; it also incorporates the results of a geophysical survey of the same area, carried out by Substrata Ltd (Dean 2017). It recorded part of a Bronze Age field system, re-used in the medieval and post-medieval periods; aspects of the mid- 19th century designed landscape associated with Lee Abbey, and a previously unrecorded searchlight position from the Second World War.
- <1> SEM8504 Report: Riley, H. 2017. Assessment and Metric Survey of Archaeological Features at Lee Abbey, Exmoor National Park Project Report.
|Location||Lee Abbey, Lynton and Lynmouth, Devon|
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7007 4944 (200m by 169m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (5)
- MEM24942 19th Century designed landscape around Lee Abbey (Monument)
- MEM24943 20th Century golf course at Lee Abbey (Monument)
- MDE11247 Multi period field system at Lee Abbey (Monument)
- MEM24947 Post-medieval gate piers at Church Close (Monument)
- MEM24948 World War Two searchlight emplacement in Church Close (Monument)
Record last edited
Mar 3 2021 8:40PM