MSO7641 - Bronze Age barrow on Wootton Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A barrow centred at SS 9500 4414, adjacent to the field bank forming the parish boundary on Wootton Common. It comprises a sub-circular turf-covered mound 8.2 m in diameter and 0.5 m high, with a slight hollow visible in the summit. The barrow is covered in dense bilberry and has a single mature birch tree on it. Found during field reconnaissance and surveyed at 1:2500 scale. 
- <1> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. R Wilson-North 2 July 1997 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||SS 9499 4413 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1087996 (Original Monarch entry: 1087996)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10029
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE96
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1087996
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13466
Record last edited
Apr 16 2013 4:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.