MEM15326 - Underbridge 17, Withiel Bridge (Monument)
Please read the Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The West Somerset Mineral Railway crossed Withiel Florey Road via a girder bridge, Underbridge 17, Withiel Bridge, at circa SS 98613534. The bridge has been removed and abutment walls reduced. [1,2] The bridge is shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [3,4]
- <1> SEM6860 Report: The Hartley Conservation Partnership + David Sekers Consulting Partnership. 2004. West Somerset Mineral Railway Conservation Plan. P.32.
- <2> SEM7005 Report: Jones, M.H.. 1995. Report on Proposed Low-Key Visitor Access to Industrial Sites on the Brendon Hills. P.10.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 98 35 (51m by 50m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Jan 3 2018 9:46AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.