MEM15319 - Underbridge at The Incline (Monument)
Please read the Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Masonry underbridge to lower part of incline trackbed. Plain slate stone west-facing entrance portal with slate stone arch and sand stone keystone. Curved wing-walls to north and south.  Carries the incline over an occupation road.  The Scheduled Monument Condition Assessment of 2009 gave the bridge a survival score of 0.  The bridge was surveyed in October 2015 as part of the 2015 Exmoor Scheduled Monument Condition Assessment. It was given a survival score of 0. 
- <1> SEM6860 Report: The Hartley Conservation Partnership + David Sekers Consulting Partnership. 2004. West Somerset Mineral Railway Conservation Plan. P.49.
- <2> SEM7005 Report: Jones, M.H.. 1995. Report on Proposed Low-Key Visitor Access to Industrial Sites on the Brendon Hills. P.8.
- <3> SEM7402 Report: Bray, L.S.. 2010. Scheduled Monument Condition Assessment 2009, Exmoor National Park.
- <4> SEM8278 Report: Gent, T. and Manning, P.. 2015. Exmoor National Park Scheduled Monument Condition Survey 2015.
|Grid reference||ST 0276 3508 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Jan 13 2016 1:24PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.