Source/Archive record SEM8307 - Beasley Weir, Dulverton, Exmoor National Park, West Somerset: Results of historic building recording

Type Report
Title Beasley Weir, Dulverton, Exmoor National Park, West Somerset: Results of historic building recording
Author/Originator
Date/Year 2015
South West Archaeology report 150202
Digital Object Identifier 10.5284/1040085

Abstract/Summary

South West Archaeology Ltd. was instructed to undertake historic building recording at the former hydro-electric plant at Beasley Weir, Dulverton, Exmoor National Park, West Somerset, by Catherine Dru (the Client) prior to the partial demolition of the existing structures and the creation of a new 78kW hydro-electric facility. The first building on the site was constructed by the Dulverton Electric Lighting Company in c.1912-14 and was decommissioned in c.1950; the site was then modified and used as a fish-breeding station until the 1980s. The site at present comprises a corrugated iron shed standing on a mass-concrete plinth adjacent to the weir and fish-breeding tanks. The standing remains are relatively complex, with five main phases of alteration and adaptation.

External Links (1)

Referenced Monuments (2)

  • Beasley salmon trap, Dulverton (Monument)
  • Electricity generating mill west of Pixton Park (Monument)

Referenced Events (1)

Record last edited

Dec 12 2018 1:54PM