Source/Archive record SEM8224 - The Dunster Dovecote

Type Leaflet
Title The Dunster Dovecote
Author/Originator
Date/Year Unknown
Publisher Unknown
Number 94/04

Abstract/Summary

Dunster dovecote has been subject to alteration but has never been converted to a secondary use. Some of its carpentry is characteristic of the 14th Century, including the arched doorframe made in three sections and two incomplete ring beams on the wall head. It was owned by the Benedictine Priory of Dunster but was sold to the Luttrells after the Dissolution in 1539. In the 18th Century major alterations were undertaken.

External Links (0)

Referenced Monuments (1)

  • Dovecote at Dunster Priory Farm (Building)

Referenced Events (0)

Record last edited

Mar 29 2017 2:31PM