MSO9424 - Neolithic lithic tools found west of Withycombe Hill Gate (Find Spot)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Miss Hatch-Barnwell has in her possession one leaf shaped arrowhead and two large end scrapers found during 1949 in the area SS 9918 4191 when the ground had been ploughed. [1-3]
- <1>XY SMO7320 Unpublished document: Quinnell, N.V.. Field Investigators Comments. SS94SE10 and 26, Ordnance Survey visit, 20 June 1965. [Mapped feature: #46437 ]
- <2> SMO4109 Serial: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 1851. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Volume 77, (1931), p45.
- <3> SSO1046 Monograph: Dobson, D.P.. 1931. The Archaeology of Somerset. p45.
|Grid reference||SS 991 419 (point)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36923 (Pastscape entry: 36923)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12192
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE26
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36923
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35237
Record last edited
Mar 3 2020 3:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.