MSO9397 - Post-medieval extractive pit west of Higher Broford (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Extractive pit of probable post-medieval date, visible as earthworks on vertical aerial photographs. [1,2] The earthwork also appears on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey mapping. [3,4]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F63) 0271-2 (27 April 1964).
- <2> SMO6670 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93SW.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9109 3117 (22m by 37m)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1134109 (Original Monarch entry: 1134109)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1075
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW105
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1134109
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 12:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.