MSO9375 - Field Gutter System, Barns Close, Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A system of post medieval field gutters is visible on aerial photographs, probably forming part of a water meadow, know locally as a Catch Meadow irrigation system. The remains of three roughly parallel ditches, measuring between 55 and 120 metres long, are visible centred at SS 9205 2756. These features have been built over. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/890 4079-80. 03/10/1952.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9203 2755 (119m by 93m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132266 (Pastscape entry: 1132266)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO861
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10054
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW54
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132266
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13538
Record last edited
Dec 3 2012 4:48PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.