MSO9356 - A water wheel at Northcombe Farm, Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A farm water wheel at Northcombe Farm. Water is fed from a pond to an overshot wheel with iron troughs. The wheel is 18ft in diameter and nearly 3ft wide. It was used to power a corn crusher in a barn. [1,2] SS 915 292. Northcombe Camping Barn, Northcombe Farm, Hollam, Dulverton, Somerset. The camping barn opened in April 1995 in a converted watermill. Bunk beds are provided in two barns. 
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Warren D SIAS 24.11.1977.
- <2> SSO1993 Unassigned: Warren, D. 24.11.77. Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society.
- <3> SEM8572 Unpublished document: Martin, J.. 2018. Youth Hostels Association (England and Wales): Historical listing of all youth hostels and other YHA accommodation. 343.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9176 2918 (105m by 90m)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1114492 (Pastscape entry: 1114492)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11216
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW26
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1114492
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33548
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33548
Record last edited
Aug 1 2018 12:14PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.