MSO9312 - Undated quarry north of Lype deserted farmstead (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Remains of a small quarry of unknown date seen on a hill top at SS 9529 3792 to the northeast of the site of the deserted farmstead of Lype (medieval / post-medieval). The Quarry is approximately 15 metres in diameter and survives as a sharp sided depression. The site was mapped from aerial photographs. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980/3296 (11 April 1947).
- <2>XY SMO6673 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NE. [Mapped feature: #44781 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1166357, Extant 27 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9529 3792 (21m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1166357 (Original Monarch entry: 1166357)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1168
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10089
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE106
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1166357
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13932
Record last edited
Apr 27 2022 4:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.