MSO9283 - Lime kiln at Stowey Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
"Old limekiln" is printed on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [1-3] No remains are visible. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SSO1535 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 25" sheet. 46(8).
- <3> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 6" 1962.
- <4> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Holley S 1997 `An Investigation of Limekilns on Exmoor...' unpub BSc Thesis, Bournemouth University..
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9532 3916 (13m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1128046 (Original Monarch entry: 1128046)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11170
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE49
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128046
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33500
Record last edited
Apr 24 2018 4:04PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.