MSO9280 - Post-medieval water meadow at Symms Combe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Fragments of a post medieval water meadow are visible on vertical aerial photographs at Symms Combe, to the east of Pitleigh Farm. 
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Somerset CC SMR 29 Sep 1986.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3330, 3331.
- <3> SMO6667 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NW.
- <4> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 40.
|Grid reference||SS 934 376 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089222 (Original Monarch entry: 1089222)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO577
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11907
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW52
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1089222
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34485
Record last edited
Jan 30 2013 11:21AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.