MSO9272 - Deserted buildings south of Combeshead (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A series of deserted buildings were identified to the south of Combeshead. Three small banked or walled features, which may relate to these buildings were identified and plotted during the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. [1-3] The buildings do not appear on the 1st or 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [4-5]
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 9039.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. RAF CPE/UK/1980 4302. 11/04/1947.
- <3> SMO6667 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NW.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9072 3917 (21m by 70m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089161 (Original Monarch entry: 1089161)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO557
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11198
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW29
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1089161
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33528
Record last edited
Jan 29 2013 4:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.