MSO9259 - Post-medieval saw mill north of Luckwell's Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A saw mill is noted on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map of 1904 and the 6 inch map of 1965, north of Luckwell's Wood. [1,2] The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows no building in this location. The river also runs through the mill site and may have had its course altered when the mill was constructed.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 6 inch / 1965.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. County Series; 2nd Edition (1st Revision) 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1089109, Extant 2 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9222 3980 (42m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089109 (Original Monarch entry: 1089109)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11148
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW15
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1089109
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33478
Record last edited
May 2 2022 8:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.