MSO9259 - Saw mill north of Luckwell's Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A saw mill is noted on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map of 1904 and the 6" map of 1965, north of Luckwell's Wood. [2,3] The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows no building in this location. The river also runs through the mill site and may have had its course altered when the mill was constructed. 
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Somerset CC SMR 29 Sep 1986.
- <2> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 6" 1965.
- <3> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 25" 1904.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9222 3980 (42m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089109 (Original Monarch entry: 1089109)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11148
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW15
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1089109
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33478
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:54PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.