MSO9224 - Waterleat Cottage, Cutcombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Waterleat Cottage is shown and described on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [1,2] The remains of Waterleat Cottage are centred at SS 9371 3811, and consist of the west wall of the building, which survives as a roughly coursed, stone revetment 9.8 metres long and 2.2 metres high, against the steep natural slopes. The other three sides of the building no longer exist. The ruins lie adjacent to a well used forestry track.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889, Somerset 46(12).
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. County Series; 2nd Edition (1st Revision) 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 4 November 1997.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1105325, Extant 3 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9371 3811 (11m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1105325 (Original Monarch entry: 1105325)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12626
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW63
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1105325
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 35837
Record last edited
May 3 2022 1:43PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.