MSO9219 - Rose Cottage, Cutcombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Rose Cottage is depicted and described on Ordnance Survey map of 1889. There is an associated well to the southeast.  The building and well are still shown on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The fragmentary ruins of Rose Cottage are visible at SS 9313 3884 where lengths of tumbled wall are visible alongside Putham Lane.  The Cutcombe Tithe map clearly shows the building within an enclosure. Another building is situated to the east at c. SS 9315 3884; this latter structure was presumably demolished before the 1st Edition map was drawn. [4,1]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889, Somerset 46(7).
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. R Wilson-North 4 Nov 1997 RCHME Field Investigation.
- <4> SSO95 Map: 1842. Cutcombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9313 3883 (60m by 64m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1105338 (Original Monarch entry: 1105338)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12627
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW64
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1105338
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35838
Record last edited
Feb 26 2018 12:29PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.