MSO9216 - Undated mounds on the Wootton Courtenay and Cutcombe Parish boundary (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 9067 4149; SS 9086 4131; SS 9106 4113 Mounds shown on parish boundary.  "Mounds shown on parish boundary. Nothing now visible" and "Long stone. Nothing on ground" marked on Ordnance Survey Archaeological Division 6 inch map.  Nothing now visible.  The 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of 1889 shows Boundary Posts along the Wootton Courtenay and Cutcombe Parish boundary . There are no obvious mounds as boundary markers in the area; a boundary stone is recorded as MSO9244. 
- <1> SSO95 Map: 1842. Cutcombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SSO1635 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS94SW.
- <3> SMO7319 Unpublished document: PITCHER, GHP. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey visit, 16 June 1965.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889, Somerset 46(2).
- <5> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1997.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9085 4131 (297m by 269m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=37030 (Pastscape entry: 37030)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11161
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW30
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 37030
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33491
Record last edited
Jul 28 2020 4:54PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.