MSO9061 - Undated trackway east of Gupworthy (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The faint earthwork remains of a possible trackway of unknown date seen aligned west-northwest to east-southeast between SS 9700 3552 and 9732 3545, traceable for approximately 350 metres. Further to the west is a second possible trackway (MSO9060) that may be a continuation of this trackway. The trackway is visible as a single ditch surviving as a faint earthwork and was mapped from aerial photographs. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. HSL/UK/71 177/Run97/8783 (7 September 1971).
- <2> SMO6673 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NE.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1166734, Extant 27 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9716 3546 (341m by 111m) Centred on|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?a=0&hob_id=1166734 (Original Monarch entry: 1166734)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1184
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10103
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE122
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1166734
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13946
Record last edited
Apr 27 2022 5:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.