MSO8952 - Ridge and furrow to east of Withiel Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Ridge and furrow fields and associated field banks, probably of medieval date, in fields to the east of Withiel Farm. These features are visible on vertical air photographs and are located on either side of a small stream valley at SS 9867 3389 and SS 9995 3385. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3147-8 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4023-4 (19 May 1947).
- <3>XY SMO6666 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93SE. [Mapped features: #39554 ; #40401 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9931 3387 (1285m by 35m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121276 (Original Monarch entry: 1121276)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO758
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE85
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1121276
Record last edited
Apr 20 2018 10:32PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.