MSO8902 - Post-medieval water meadow southwest of Ruglands (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A catch meadow irrigation system, of probable post medieval date, visible on air photographs in fields to the south-west of Ruglands. [1-4]
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 41.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 1150 April 1947.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAL/77037 220-1 26-NOV-1977.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1150-1 23-JAN-1947.
- <5> SMO6666 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93SE.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 979 318 (884m by 360m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1118294 (Original Monarch entry: 1118294)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO677
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11919
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE27
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1118294
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34498
Record last edited
Mar 5 2018 12:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.