MSO8899 - Post-medieval water meadow at Woolcotts (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post medieval water meadow system seen on air photographs, to the west of Woolcotts Farm at SS 963 316. This site was plotted during the Brendon Hills Mapping Project.[1-5]
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 40.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3152 April 1947.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/1420 3476-7 15-APR-1946.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAL/68013 180 28-MAR-1968.
- <5> SMO6666 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93SE.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 962 317 (338m by 832m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1118241 (Original Monarch entry: 1118241)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO674
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11916
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE24
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1118241
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34495
Record last edited
Jan 3 2018 2:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.