MSO8837 - Possible Roman activity at Hadborough (Find Spot)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
[Marginal] Several Roman coins have been dug up at a mount called Hadborough near the west end of Haddon Hill, though its exact location is unknown.  Additional Bibliography. [2-6] The presumed site of a barrow. 
- <1> SSO878 Monograph: Collinson J. 1791. History of Somerset. 3. 502.
- <2> SMO5393 Serial: Devonshire Association. 1862 -. Devonshire Association reports and transactions. Volume 44 (1912), 716 (H St George Gray).
- <3> SMO4109 Serial: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 1851-. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Volume 97 (1952), 192 (WA Seaby).
- <4> SMO5476 Monograph: Page, W. (editor). 1906. The Victoria History of the County of Somerset. Archibald Constable and Company, Limited (London). 1.
- <5> SMO5799 Report: Wilson-North, R.. 1998. Haddon Hill, Brompton Regis, Somerset: An archaeological survey by the RCHME.
- <6> SSO1726 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1963. SS92NE. 5.
- <7> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1 July 1998.
|Grid reference||SS 96 28 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (2)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11116
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8120
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8367
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NE16
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NE5
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36503
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36522
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33413
Record last edited
Oct 13 2015 9:07AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.