MSO8643 - Langridge Mills (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
Dr A.W.G Court reports a mill at this location.  Leat dry to stream. Wooden trough and wheel pit extant.  "Langridge Mill, corn"and "Mill stream" printed on OS 25" map. Leaves stream at ST00903770 where "Weir" is marked on OSAD 6" map. [3,4] The mill and leat are also shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SSO767 Unassigned: Aston, M. 13.12.76. Somerset County Council.
- <2> SSO1990 Unassigned: Warren, D Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society. 23.11.77.
- <3> SSO1535 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 25" sheet. 47(11).
- <4> SSO1640 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" ST03NW.
- <5> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 011 376 (515m by 113m)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?a=0&hob_id=975145 (Original Monarch entry: 975145)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11711
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NW36
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975145
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34274
Record last edited
Feb 21 2013 1:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.