MSO8623 - Post-medieval quarry southwest of Mousehanger (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A quarry of post-medieval or later date is visible as earthworks onvertical aerial photographs to the north side of South Hill. It is marked as "old quarry" on the 1887 Edition six inch Ordnance Survey map and is also mentioned in MSO7158. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3160-1 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SEM6705 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1896. County Series, First Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1887, Somerset 57 SW.
- <3>XY SMO6670 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93SW. [Mapped feature: #39451 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9086 3226 (61m by 41m)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1134102 (Original Monarch entry: 1134102)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW98
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1134102
Record last edited
Jan 28 2020 11:35AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.