MSO8617 - Post-medieval quarry on northern edge of Summerway (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post-medieval quarry on the northern edge of Summerway is visible as earthworks on vertical aerial photographs. [1-3] The quarry is marked "Quarry" on the late 19th Century 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map and "Old Quarry" on the 2nd Edition map. [4,5]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 2159-60 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4033-4 (19 May 1947).
- <3> SMO6670 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93SW.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9054 3313 (28m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1134096 (Original Monarch entry: 1134096)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1062
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW92
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1134096
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 12:16PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.