MSO8601 - Post-medieval ironstone pit north of Exford Road (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Possible ironstone pit of post-medieval date, visible on vertical air photographs and marked on the 1980 OS 1:10,000 map.  The pit is not marked on the 1st or 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [3,4]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F61) 0149-50 27-APR-1964.
- <2> SMO6667 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NW.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||SS 9042 3547 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1131072 (Original Monarch entry: 1131072)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO817
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW67
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1131072
Record last edited
Jan 25 2013 4:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.