MSO8553 - Adit, Ison Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
An adit is recorded about 120 m south of Oldrey Lane at approximately SS 8995 3713 by Bryant. (1) The farmer at Torre Farm confirms that the adit exists, and that it was still open some 30 years ago. The adit marks the western extent of the Ison Mine complex (see SS 93 NW 32). (2)
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Bryant TC 1980 `The Hollow Hills of Brendon' unpublished; copy in Somerset Studies Library..
- <2> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. R Wilson-North 8 Jan 1998 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||SS 8995 3712 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1105474 (Pastscape entry: 1105474)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 NE 78
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1105474
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 35802
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:00PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.