MSO8355 - Lime kiln at Brown Cottage (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
"Old limekiln" is marked on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps close to Lower Court Farm. [1,2] A double block kiln survives in reasonable condition, although parts are densely overgrown. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 25" 1904.
- <3> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Holley S 1997 `An Investigation of Limekilns on Exmoor...' unpub BSc thesis, Bournemouth University..
|Grid reference||SS 9979 3674 (point)|
|Civil Parish||TREBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1128233 (Original Monarch entry: 1128233)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11636
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE78
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128233
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34137
Record last edited
Feb 13 2013 12:50PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.