MSO8340 - Hill Barn, southwest of Clicket (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Hill Barn was marked on the 6 inch 1962 map. It was noted to be derelict and roofless. [1-4] The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows the barn and associated enclosures.  The building is shown on modern MasterMap data.  It is not depicted on the Timberscombe Tithe Map. 
- <1> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3295.
- <3> SSO258 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 95. 8750.
- <4>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS9538F. [Mapped feature: #44350 SS9538F]
- <5> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <6> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <7> SEM7912 Map: 1843. Timberscombe Parish Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9596 3883 (45m by 31m)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1128231 (Original Monarch entry: 1128231)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11632
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE77
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128231
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34133
Record last edited
Jan 28 2020 12:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.