MSO8330 - Knowle Saw Mill, Timberscombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The estate saw mill at Knowle was built in 1828. It had an overshot wheel, measuring 10 feet by 3 feet. It is pond fed, and the wheel pit is extant. Saw milling equipment was transferred to Cowbridge (MSO8324). [1-3]
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. D Warren, Somerset Industrial Archaeological Society, 2 December 1974.
- <2> SMO4069 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Oblique Aerial Photograph. SCPD.HSL.UK.71-177. Run 97, 8789. -/09/1971.
- <3>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS9642A. [Mapped feature: #46453 SS9642A]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9614 4289 (73m by 96m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1119513 (Pastscape entry: 1119513)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11628
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE68
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1119513
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34128
Record last edited
Jan 14 2020 3:52PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.