MSO8195 - Horse Parks Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The Monksilver Tithe Map shows a farm. [1,2] Small characteristic enclosures are shown, at Horse Park Wood, on the 1962 Ordnance Survey map.  The farm is marked as 'Horse Parks' on the First Edition Ordnance Survey map.  Horse Parks is also shown on the 1802 Ordnance Survey drawing of Dunster. 
- <1> SSO301 Map: 1841. Monksilver Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SMO5560 Article in serial: Aston, M.. 1983. Deserted Farmsteads on Exmoor and the Lay Subsidy of 1327 in West Somerset. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 127. P.99.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560. ST03NE.
- <4> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 0635.
- <5> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <6> SSO1535 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 25" sheet. 48(13).
- <7> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1" 1802.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0614 3557 (71m by 61m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||STOGUMBER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (2)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975323 (Original Monarch entry: 975323)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975325 (Original Monarch entry: 975325)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11611
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8194
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NE57
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NE58
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975323
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975325
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34045
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34044
Record last edited
Nov 21 2014 10:09AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.