MSO8123 - Late 19th or 20th Century dog kennels at Frogwell Lodge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Centred at SS 97010 28471 at the entrance to the car park on Haddon Hill is a pair of dog kennels. They are of local sandstone construction with a slate roof. To the front are two dog runs with brick footings supporting a wrought iron fence with iron gates. Surveyed using GPS as part of the RCHME Exmoor Survey. [1, 2] The kennels are depicted on 2021 MasterMap data.  The kennels are not shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 24 February 1998.
- <2> SSO2106 Report: Wilson North, R. 1998. Haddon Hill, Brompton Regis, Somerset. RCHME report.
- <3>XY SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #39426 ]
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1132575, Extant 4 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 97009 28470 (6m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||SKILGATE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132575 (Original Monarch entry: 1132575)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12668
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NE28
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1132575
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35881
Record last edited
Apr 4 2022 2:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.