MSO8067 - Undated mound south of Great Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A large, very low, ploughed mound with surrounding bank and inturn (?entrance) on its eastern side. [1,2] There is no field evidence for such a feature at the grid reference given, which lies in an improved pasture field. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS9145A.
- <1> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . SCPD/HSL/UK 71-177 Run 91 8683 (September 1971).
- <2> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1998.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9197 4591 (68m by 69m)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (2)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1119166 (Pastscape entry: 1119166)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=mna167509 (National Trust HER entry: MNA167509)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11598
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW42
- National Trust HER Record: MNA167509
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1119166
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34004
Record last edited
Mar 5 2019 4:13PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.