MSO8050 - Medieval or post-medieval field system northwest of Selworthy Beacon (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
SS 914 483. Field system of uncertain prehistoric date on the northwestern slope of Selworthy Beacon, above Henners Coombe.  This grid reference refers to the ploughed out part of an extensive medieval or later field system on Bossington Hill. See MSO8075 for details.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SSO1777 Article in serial: Osborn, B.. 1983. Parish surveys in Somerset five: Minehead Without. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 5. [Mapped feature: #30371 ]
- <2> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1981.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 866967, Extant 11 May 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 913 482 (point) Aerial survey|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=866967 (Pastscape entry: 866967)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW73
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 866967
Record last edited
May 11 2022 3:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.