MSO8015 - Roman coins near Brandish Street (Find Spot)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A few Roman coins were found near the Lambet of Brandy or Brandish Street, Selworthy, during excavations. [1-5] The exact location of the site is unknown. 
- <1> SSO1236 Monograph: Hancock, F. 1897. The Parish of Selworthy. 4.
- <2> SMO4109 Serial: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 1851-. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Volume 97, 192.
- <3> SMO5393 Serial: Devonshire Association. 1862 -. Devonshire Association reports and transactions. Volume 44 (1912), 716.
- <4> SMO5476 Monograph: Page, W. (editor). 1906. The Victoria History of the County of Somerset. Archibald Constable and Company, Limited (London). 1. 366.
- <5> SSO1746 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1965. SS94NW. 9.
- <6> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. E Dennison, Somerset County Council, 3 May 1984.
|Grid reference||SS 90 46 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36786 (Pastscape entry: 36786)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11594
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW9
- National Trust HER Record: MNA167463
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36786
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34000
Record last edited
May 16 2016 9:19AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.