MSO7969 - Yearnor Mill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
Yearnor Mill was is use as a corn mill in the post medieval period. It has now been converted into a dwelling. The remains of the leat and head pond are believed to be extant. It had an overshot wheel. [1,2] "Yearnor Mill lane","Yearnor Mill Cottage" and "Yearnor Mill bridge" printed on OSAD 6" map.  The building is shown as 'Yearnor Mill' on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map and as 'Yearnor Mill Cottage' on the 2nd Edition. [3,4]
- <1> SSO2001 Unassigned: Warren, D. 30.11.77. Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society.
- <2> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560. SS84NE.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8514 4732 (16m by 28m)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1127298 (Original Monarch entry: 1127298)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11532
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NE30
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1127298
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33927
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.