MSO7955 - Post-medieval mound on Porlock Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A small mound lies on the southern slopes of Porlock Common at SS 85313 46395. It is 3 metres in diameter and 0.5 metres high. It seems to be mostly composed of earth and is heather covered. It is not a prehistoric cairn and may be connected with peat extaction or road construction. 
- <1> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, August 1997.
|Grid reference||SS 85312 46395 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1091044 (Original Monarch entry: 1091044)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10293
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NE71
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1091044
- Somerset SMR PRN: 18079
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.