MSO7951 - Bronze Age burial cairn on Stent Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Centred at SS 83635 47360, in a coniferous wood on Stent Hill, is a prehistoric cairn. It comprises a circular earth-covered, stony mound 4.6 m in diameter and 0.4 m high. A central depression 1.5 m across and 0.2 m deep is visible in its summit. The cairn lies close to the eastern end of the Culbone stone row (MSO7893). Found during field reconniassance and surveyed at 1:2500 scale with EDM. 
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||SS 83635 47359 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089564 (Original Monarch entry: 1089564)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12729
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NW48
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1089564
- Somerset SMR PRN: 57154
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.